MISSION STATEMENT

This website is to serve as a catalog of historical information for various tanks, across various stages of development, created for use by the United States from Pre-WWII through to the 1970s. However, the primary purpose for this website is to illustrate a proposal for what an "endgame" could look like for the US tech tree in the game, World Of Tanks, and to show that there's still plenty of life left to breathed into this game.

My aim is to see as many tanks in the game about tanks as possible, and I hope to show that in a way that respects both the historicity of the tanks shown and the balance of the game overall. As such, I will not be going into great detail on individual statistics. Rather, I will only be showing the possible modules for each tank, changes that could be made to make it more historically authentic, a historical overview, and how the tank's playstyle may be represented in-game. I will also attempt to future-proof this by including alternate hulls, half-tracks, and wheeled vehicles.

This is certainly not perfect and everything is subject to change. This is still a work in progress, and updates are frequent if not daily. This is a fan project and a labor of love. Do enjoy.

Friday, August 11, 2017

T25

T25 Pilot 1

At the time production of the T23 medium tank was authorized, it was requested to see if a 90 mm gun could be mounted inside them. Fifty vehicles were converted, ten of which would be equipped with heavier armor and be designated as the T26. The remaining forty used the same armor basis of the T23 and were designated as the T25 medium tank.

The original design estimates for the T25 was at 72,000 pounds, but continued development would push the vehicle to about 81,000 pounds. These modified designs would be designated T25E1. However, it was still requested that two T23s be converted to the original T25 design standard. The first pilot weighed around 82,000 pounds while the second weighed a little more than 84,000.

The T25 featured a horizontal volute spring suspension, whereas the T25E1 used a torision bar style suspension. The T25 pilots would serve as testing platforms for the 90 mm Gun T7, which would go on to become standardized as the M3. However, interest soon moved on the heavier T25E1, which would serve as a test bed for numerous experiments.

T25E1 Pilot 1

What we have here is a step up from the T23 along the "Pershing" family of vehicles. This tank is a bit slower and less maneuverable and it has slightly worse gun handling (dispersion, reload, etc.), but it carries more powerful guns and has better gun characteristics (accuracy, aim time, etc.). Conversely, this tank (and the T23) is more maneuverable and has better gun handling than the M26 Pershing, yet has worse armor and less powerful gun options.

While the 76 mm Gun M1A2 was never mounted on a T25, I think it would serve for a decent stock option.

Guns: 76 mm Gun M1A2; 90 mm Gun T7; 90 mm Gun M3; 90 mm Gun T14

Engines: Ford GAF (500 hp); Ford GAN (525 hp)

Turrets (Turret Armor (mm)): T25 Pilot 1 (89/64/64); T25E1 (89/64/64)

Suspensions/Alternate Hulls, Total Weight (metric tons): T25 Pilot 1 (37.33); T25E1 (36.87)

Hull Armor (mm)76/51/38

Top Speed: 48 km/h

Crew: 5 (Driver; Gunner; Loader; Commander; Radio)

Parent: M4A4
Children: T25E1 TB
See Also: T23M26 PershingT26E5

Sources:

Hunnicutt, R. P. Pershing, 2015 

No comments:

Post a Comment