MISSION STATEMENT

This website is to serve as a catalog of historical information for various tanks, across various stages of development, created for use by the United States from Pre-WWII through to the 1970s. However, the primary purpose for this website is to illustrate a proposal for what an "endgame" could look like for the US tech tree in the game, World Of Tanks, and to show that there's still plenty of life left to breathed into this game.

My aim is to see as many tanks in the game about tanks as possible, and I hope to show that in a way that respects both the historicity of the tanks shown and the balance of the game overall. As such, I will not be going into great detail on individual statistics. Rather, I will only be showing the possible modules for each tank, changes that could be made to make it more historically authentic, a historical overview, and how the tank's playstyle may be represented in-game. I will also attempt to future-proof this by including alternate hulls, half-tracks, and wheeled vehicles.

This is certainly not perfect and everything is subject to change. This is still a work in progress, and updates are frequent if not daily. This is a fan project and a labor of love. Do enjoy.

Saturday, August 5, 2017

T37

T37

In early 1945, plans were laid out for a new 25 ton light tank with increased firepower and mobility compared to the M24 Chaffee. By early 1949, the design for this new light tank, now called T37, was finalized. The first “phase” of this tank used the experimental 76 mm T94 gun, while the second phase used the higher velocity T91 gun. The third phase, while never constructed, was meant to use an autoloader or a stubby case gun, which would allow for an increased rate of fire. This version of the tank was meant to have an integrated stabilization system.

The first T41s were produced in parallel with the T37. The first pilot’s turret was very similar to the T37’s turret, but it was reinforced at the roof and used the Vickers fire control system. While there were several problems with both tanks, the T41 proved to be more favorable and was scheduled for production, where various modifications would take place and the tank would later be standardized as the M41. The T37 was ultimately abandoned.

T41 Pilot #1

There really isn’t much to propose changing here, aside from renaming a couple of things. I personally think this tank is really well represented. It should be noted, however, that the T37 is a combination of both the T37 and the earliest T41s. There’s a T41 Pilot #2 turret missing, that could be a third turret option if Wargaming’s okay with having tanks with three turrets, but I don’t think it’s anything to really be concerned with.

A T41 Pilot #2 could easily be made a Tier VII premium tank too, if it featured the 76 mm Gun T102 autoloader which was removed from the T37 with the introduction of Tier X light tanks.

Guns: 76 mm Gun T94; 76 mm Gun T91

EnginesContinental AOS-895-1 (450 hp); Continental AOS-895-3 (500 hp)

Turrets (Turret Armor (mm)): T37 (32/25/25); T41 Pilot #1 (32/25/25)

Suspensions/Alternate Hulls, Total Weight (metric tons): T37 TBS (21.9); T41 TBS (23.41)

Hull Armor (mm): 25/25/19

Top Speed: 66 km/h

Crew: 4 (Driver; Gunner; Loader; Commander/Radio)

Parent: M24 Chaffee
Children: M41 Bulldog
See Also: T41 Pilot #2

Sources:

Hunnicutt, R. P. Sheridan, 2015. 

No comments:

Post a Comment